Don’t lose your right to vote!

Text saying 'don't lose your vote - make sure you're on the electoral register' and a picture of a piece of paper with a big X on itHuntingdonshire’s electors are being asked to complete their annual Electoral Registration Household Enquiry Form.

Forms have been delivered to all properties across the county over the past few days – and the local Registration Office is encouraging everyone to make sure that the details on their form are correct.

They say that, even if there are no changes to the household, this needs to be confirmed.

To make sure you are able to have your say at any elections held next year, simply check the form when it arrives and respond as soon as you can.

What is it?

Each year Huntingdonshire District Council’s election department carries out an annual canvass of all residents in the district to make sure the revised electoral register, which is published on 1 December 2017, is as accurate as possible.

A Household Enquiry form is sent to all properties in the district.

It is NOT a registration form – it lists all current registered electors and asks residents to confirm or change the information for the property on the electoral register.

Residents are legally required to respond to the form, even if everyone in the household is already registered to vote and no changes need to be made.

Elections have been very much in the news over recent months and the General Election in June demonstrated how important it is to have an up to date Register of Electors available at all times.

Across Great Britain, 96% of people who have been at their property for more than 16 years will be registered, compared to 27% of people who have lived at an address for less than one year.

If you’ve moved house recently then make sure you apply to register to vote at

What Do You Do?

You should respond as soon as possible, in one of the following ways:
• fill in the online form or
• call 0800 197 9871 or
• text NO CHANGE followed by your security codes to 80212 or
• complete and sign the form and return it using the pre-paid envelope.

Your security code is printed on the form. You will need this when complete the form online or by phone.

New electors aged 16 or over

If any new electors aged 16 or over are added to the Household Enquiry form they will receive a separate Invitation to Register form by email or post. This form looks similar to the Household Enquiry form but is pink.

When registering you can also apply to vote by post or by proxy.

More information is at

Leave a Reply